In 2018 there will be many new sights to see at St James’. The new Stage 3 Building will dominate the grounds on the northern side of the school. The plans are big, the buildings are bigger and the buzz in the air is palpable. If you can imagine a large two storey building facing our AFL oval, with an abseil tower, climbing wall complete with a Japanese tsunami wave graphic and modern teaching spaces aplenty, that is what will arise from the dirt.
Buildings are one thing, but people are what drives our school. We will have many new staff next year.
- Mr Ryan Marlow will join us as our new Maths/Science Teacher. Ryan has experience as an engineer and will be a great asset to us with the Design Technology studies. He assures us he has many other great skills.
- Mrs Tanisha Burtnyk will be working as a second Art Teacher. She displayed some of her works in our recent Art Show- always a sign of an artist not afraid to put their work out to public opinion.
- Mrs Belinda Pownall will be looking after our CAVE program. Belinda has many years experience, and even worked at St James’ in 2015 for a short time.
- Mrs Analisa Sorgiavani will become our new specialist Drama Teacher, as well as some visual art. This appointment will allow us to really step up our drama program.
- Mrs Ange Robertson will take on the Food Science course. Ange joins us with a wealth of knowledge and a proven track record teaching ATAR subjects. She will also be teaching our students to become Barista’s in 2018.
- Mrs Ella Pearce will become the third member of our Physical Education Department. She joins us with a wealth of experience in local schools.
- Mrs Lyndia Lee and Ms Aviana Francis will become our new Japanese teachers in 2018.
The subject learning areas are growing, the school is growing and the expectations are growing as we approach the topping up of our Senior School.
We welcome all of these staff to our community and expect big things from them in 2018. The Orange Army is growing!