St James’ Anglican School is a school of the Anglican Schools Commission (Inc.) (ASC) situated on 10 hectares of land on the corner of Marmion Avenue and Graceful Boulevard in the new northern beaches suburb of Alkimos, 40 kilometres from the Perth CBD.
Currently the co-educational day School caters for Kindergarten to Year 8 with Year 9 classes being introduced in 2018. By 2021 the School will offer all year levels from Kindergarten to Year 12. At full enrolment, the School will cater for approximately 1100 students.
St James’ Anglican School will seek to provide excellence in education, stressing high academic standards and the development of individual potential in a dynamic, caring and Christian environment. The following areas will be emphasised:
- Academic excellence
- An holistic education, with Gospel values as the foundation
- Individual care of students in a safe campus environment
- Excellence in teaching and learning
- Quality and relevant Religious Studies and worship opportunities
- High behavioural standards and expectations
- High achievement in traditional academic subjects
- Relevant vocational education offerings
- The development of high ethical standards and self-discipline
- Fostering of individual student potential
- Nurturing of Christian character and leadership potential
St James’ Anglican School students will be given an education to prepare them to become contributing and successful members of the community and potential future leaders of that community. The School will aim to nurture each student so he or she is able to accept responsibility, demonstrate commitment and initiative, be self-disciplined and show sensitivity to the needs of others.
Students will receive a Christian education in the Anglican tradition and be encouraged to use it as a basis for living. The School will expect students to show the highest possible standards of courtesy, dress and behaviour.