St James’ Anglican School is situated in Alkimos in Perth’s northern suburbs, 40km from the CBD in one of the fastest growing regions of WA. St James’ is the eleventh school of The Anglican Schools Commission (Inc.) of Western Australia and employs full and part-time teachers, supported by education assistants, music tutors and administrative, grounds and maintenance staff.
St James’ is a child-safe institution. Suitably qualified teaching applicants will need a current TRBWA Registration, a current Working with Children Check (WWCC), as well as be fully supportive of the Christian ethos of the School.
St James’ promotes a positive work environment and culture to attract and retain high quality staff by fostering professionalism, commitment, loyalty, Christian values, a high standard of pastoral care, and by providing above Award conditions.
Regardless of roles, all our employees play an active role in the School to ensure we are offering our students opportunities for life.
Applicants should also be able to demonstrate support for the School’s Christian ethos as well as the extra-curricular life of the School. The extra-curricular program will provide staff the opportunity to add value to the school community and foster harmonious relationships with the students.
Applications are invited for the following positions:
Senior School Teaching Positions:
- HASS/English Teacher commencing Term 1 2023 (0.6-1.0 FTE)
- Chemistry/Maths Teacher commencing Term 1 2023 (0.6-1.0 FTE)
- Digital Technology Teacher commencing Term 1 2023 (0.6-1.0 FTE)
Closing date for applications is Friday 20 May 2022. All applications and required documentation (see below) are to be addressed to The Principal, Mr Adrian Pree and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teaching Relief Roles (regular casual work):
Junior School Relief Teachers
Senior School Relief Teachers
Relief Education Assistants for both Junior and Senior School – Relief Education Assistants will provide valuable casual support to the Junior or Senior School and can expect to be contacted for a shift at short notice. The Education Assistant will be directed by Classroom Teachers.
- Please scroll down to ‘Relief Staff’ for further information and requirement
Applicants MUST complete the Application Form (see below) and ensure the following information is noted in their resume and/or covering letter:
- Full name and nationality.
- Date and place of birth (optional).
- Address and contact details.
- Any relevant personal details.
- Current position and areas of responsibility.
- Details of previous appointments and career achievements with particular reference to the position being advertised.
- Religious affiliation and Church involvement.
- The names and addresses of three professional referees who may be approached in confidence about the applicant.
- A current Working With Children Check and Police Clearance with a 100 point identity check will be required if a position is offered.
- A COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate demonstrating you are fully vaccinated in line with Government requirements to work in schools.
The applicant needs to provide:
- Covering letter and resume.
- Copies of relevant qualifications.
- A Statement addressing the selection criteria and key attributes.
- A completed Employment Application Form.
Employment Application Form
All applications for employment to St James’ must include an Employment Application Form. Please download the form below.
St James’ Anglican School welcomes relief applications for teachers and education assistants who wish to work in a friendly, supportive environment with high academic and behavioural standards. To be added to the pool of relief staff at St James’, the Relief Application form must be completed, along with a number of other documents such as a CV and a Working with Children Check. Please click the link below which details the process required for registering with us and download the Relief Document Checklist to ensure you have everything you need to submit your application.
Applications are invited for the following relief positions:
- Junior School Relief Teachers
- Senior School Relief Teachers
- Relief Education Assistants for both Junior and Senior School – Relief Education Assistants will provide valuable casual support to the Junior or Senior School and can expect to be contacted for a shift at short notice. The Education Assistant will be directed by Classroom Teachers.
Note: Applications that do not have the documents requested on the checklist cannot be accepted.
Please be aware that as a growing school, we have teachers that teach across subject areas and as such relief staff are often required to teach across the School.