FOST recognises and values the role that parents/guardians play in the education of their children. FOST was created to benefit your children’s development and learning, by working in collaboration with you, the School and the Principal to foster effective partnerships between family, school, church and the wider community.
We have grown from nearly 200 students in Kindergarten to Year 6 students in 2015, to over 800 students from Kindergarten to Year 12 this year. A key focus in 2021 is building on the wonderful community spirit at St James’, which is stronger than ever after the challenging times we have recently faced together.
We ask that our friends assist with organising ‘friend-raising’ events, to bring our parents, staff and students together. Traditionally, parent groups at schools are primarily focused on fundraising. However, the purpose of the Friends of St James’ is much more about connecting our community, with an emphasis on creating a sense of inclusiveness, involvement and fun in and around our school.
- The main purpose of FOST is developing a community focus with an emphasis on creating a sense of inclusiveness, involvement and fun in and around St James’.
- Our primary aim is “Friend-raising” and bringing people together for a positive community interaction.
- Parent contributions to FOST and fundraising activities assist us in providing resources and opportunities for enriching the St James’ learning environment, in consultation with School staff and the Principal.
- To develop and manage a register of annual parent commitment hours, on behalf of the School.
FOST 2021 NOMINATIONS
FOST 2020 COMMITTEE
With thanks to our 2020 Committee:
- President: Sonet Coetzee
- Treasurer: Laura Pritchard
If you wish to contact FOST please email – [email protected]