FOST recognises and values the role that parents/guardians play in the education of their children and aims to benefit their children’s development and learning by working in collaboration with the School and the Principal to foster effective partnerships between family, school, church and the wider community.
We have grown from nearly 200 Kindergarten to Year 6 students in 2015, to 611 Kindergarten to Year 10 students today. A key focus in 2019 was to form a parent group to continue building on the wonderful community spirit at St James’. The group will assist with organising ‘friend-raising’ events bringing our parents, staff and students together. Traditionally, parent groups at schools are primarily focused on fundraising. The purpose of our parent group is much more community focussed, with an emphasis on creating a sense of inclusiveness, involvement and fun in and around St James’.
- The main purpose of FOST is about community focus with an emphasis on creating a sense of inclusiveness, involvement and fun in and around St James’. The key aim is “Friendraising” and bringing people together for a positive community interaction.
- To raise funds through various initiatives and events to assist in providing resources and opportunities for enriching the learning environment of the school, in consultation with School staff and the Principal.
- To develop and manage a register of annual parent commitment hours, on behalf of the School.
All parents/guardians are welcome to attend FOST meetings, held once a term in the Boardroom. The next meeting will be on Thursday 24 October from 5pm – 6pm.
- Charlotte Cleary – President
- Ana Large – Vice President
- Jo Piper – Treasuerer
- Taralee Tancredi – Secretary
If you wish to contact FOST please email – firstname.lastname@example.org